We are a mixed-billing practice. Our fee policy ensures that the out of pocket expense is similar regardless of the consultation time.
From 1 July 2021, the below billing policy will apply.
|Standard Consultation (10 minutes)||$70.00||$39.10||$30.90|
|Long Consult (20-40 minutes)||$107.00||$75.75||$31.25|
|Prolonged Consult (>40minutes)||$143.00||$111.50||$31.50|
|Standard Consultation (10 minutes)||$55.00||$39.10||$15.90|
|Long Consult (20-40 minutes)||$92.00||$75.75||$16.25|
|Prolonged Consult (>40minutes)||$128.00||$111.50||$16.50|
We bulk bill the following*:
- Children of 15 years of age or under
- Pension/Concession card holders over 65 years of age or over
- DVA Gold Card Holders
- DVA White Card for conditions only
- Full time students 22 years of age or under
*Please note bulk billing does not apply to the above for certain procedures such as iron infusion, wedge re-section and some skin procedures involving complexity. You will be advised of this prior to the procedures
We offer discounted fees for the following:
- Healthcare card holders under the age of 65
- Part time students under the age of 25
- Pension/Concession card holders under the age of 65
Please be advised that there may be a fee of $70.00 (with a Medicare rebate of $39.10) for short telehealth consultations from 1st November 2021. You will be contacted by our reception staff to pay over the phone. A Medicare rebate is not applicable if you have not been to the practice before, or have not seen one of our GP's in the last 12 months.
Procedures may incur a gap fee of $50.00-$250.00 based on the complexity of the procedure and the Medicare rebate. The doctor will advise you of any out of pocket costs prior to these procedures.
We have agreements with a number of OSHC providers including AHM, BUPA, NIB and Medibank which means students do not have to pay any gap amount.
We understand that time is a valuable asset. Therefore we try our best to stay on time, however, sometimes due to emergencies this is not possible. Our reception staff will do their best to inform you to keep you updated should a doctor be running late. In return we ask that you help us stay on time by understanding difference between a standard consultation and a long consultation.
What is a standard consultation?
- Urine infection
- Morning after pill
- Breast check
- Skin infections
- Upper respiratory tract infections
- Asthma exacerbation
- Blood pressure check
- Ear infection
- Sore eyes or ears
- Minor injuries or infection
- Sports injury
What is a long consultation?
- Pregnancy visit
- Menopause counselling
- New patient starting on the pill
- Asthma review with breathing tests
- Initial travel advice visit
- Mental Health Plan
- Pap and breast check
- STI check
- Baby check at 6 weeks old - separate appointment for mum
- Multiple minor problem appointment
- Medicals - (these must be pre-booked)
- Full skin check
- First presentation and investigations of headaches / tiredness / abdominal pain / back pain / chest pain / dizziness / abnormal vaginal bleeding / low abdominal pains
- Ear syringing